Tuesday 1 February 2011

Environment Magpie

For my Environment project I have chosen to look into recycling and a new way of advertising it. I first found this image by Future Perfect on a blog that contained loads of environmental pictures.


I really liked how it was made completely from buttons. I knew that I wanted to try and do something similar to this.

Also found this artist Kathryn Spence who makes birds from bits of fabric, stuffed toys and other found material like litter. Although a bit creepy I really like some of them.



This gave me the idea of making a Magpie, as they notoriously collect things so it seemed a good place to start.
I wanted to try and created a magpie in a similar way to Kathryn Spence.


First started off with a wire frame then stuffed it with newspaper to hold the shape.



Then cover it in newspaper - paper-mache style.


I cut up little squares of fabric to stick on to the bird.




No comments:

Post a Comment